Clorexyderm Oto’s special antibacterial and antifungal formula gently dissolves excess cerumen and helps in the maintenance of routine ear hygiene in dogs and cats. It is non-oily and does not leave any residue in the auditory meatus.
- Chlorhexidine digluconate has an antibacterial action which is not inactivated by pus or organic material. Chlorhexidine is non-irritating at low concentrations.
- Lactic Acid acidifies the solution to a pH of 3.5, which enhances its antibacterial properties.
- Salicylic Acid has keratolytic properties and acts by selectively breaking the keratinous protein chains present in the outer skin layer. It is well tolerated by the underlying cells.
- For routine ear hygiene in adult dogs, puppies, cats and kittens.
- To clean the ear canal before topical treatment.
- As a cleaner to maintain good ear hygiene in breeds predisposed to chronic ear infections.
- Where bacteria have been identified by cytology or culture.
- Helps in the management of cases where micro-organisms sensitive to chlorhexidine may be involved.
How to use
Apply into the ear canal, being careful that the applicator does not touch the infected ear, and massage gently.
Remove excess product and ear debris using gauze or cotton wool wound round the finger.
Repeat 2-3 times a week.