Before-x® Sterile Solution
Before-x® is an antibacterial alkalysing sterile ear and skin flush for dogs and cats containing TrisEDTA.
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid ( EDTA ) has an antibacterial action and buffer solutions containing tromethamine ( Tris ) have been used to increase this action.
- TrisEDTA works by making the bacteria more sensitive to antibacterials such as chlorhexidine.
Before-x® Sterile Solution can be used as an ear flush to complement the activity of other ear medications or antibiotic drops.
Before-x® Sterile Solution can also be used as a flushing agent in areas such as the bladder.
How to Use
- Shake well before using.
- Instill Before-x Sterile Solution into the ear canal and massage for a few seconds.
- Wipe away any excess with a piece of gauze or cotton wool wrapped around a finger.
- If using on the skin, apply using a sterile gauze swab.
- If using as a flushing agent, apply directly to the area to be flushed.